Defending Employee Claims
Our clients benefit from our assistance in developing and interpreting employment handbooks, policies, and contracts. We also assist employers in proceedings defending charges of discrimination filed with the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Commission (EEOC), the Minnesota Department of Human Rights (MDHR), the Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights, and the St. Paul Department of Human Rights & Equal Economic Opportunity (HREEO). However, when litigation is unavoidable, our attorneys are skilled advocates in defending employers against a wide variety of employment-related claims, including:
• State and federal claims of discrimination (such as disability, race, gender and age) under the Minnesota Human Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Equal Pay Act, and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
• Wage and hour disputes under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and equivalent state statutes
• Wrongful discharge (including allegations of defamation or breach of contract)
• Enforcement of non-compete or other employment agreement
• Retaliation under state and federal whistleblower statutes
Our broad experience defending employment claims allows us to partner with our clients to quickly and cost-effectively determine the optimal resolution, enabling them to focus on their business objectives.